Pricing for Horse Riding Lessons
Stonewood's group lessons run 12 months of the year, however, rates and lesson schedules change in July and August in order to accommodate students' summer vacation schedules. Since horseback riding is a skill that improves with “consistent time in the saddle” students will gain the most benefit by riding a minimum of once a week throughout the year. Many of our students invest in multiple lesson packages in order to gain more saddle time.
September to June:
Yearly Tuition Package $225/month + HST
This package offers students a 10 month term, from September 1 to June 30 at a discounted rate. Students receive one group lesson per week and may miss up to 10 lessons at any time within this term.
- A non‐refundable $100.00 (plus HST) administrative deposit must be paid upon sign up in order to hold a consistent weekly lesson spot. This fee will be deducted from the June tuition fee. Post‐dated checks or on line payment for the year is required.
- The deposit fee will be adjusted to $150.00 (plus HST) for families with more than one person enrolling in tuition or students taking more than one lesson per week.
- Students enrolled in the full 10 month term are eligible for up to 10 make‐up lessons which must be completed by the end of the term.
- Students may enroll any time between September 1st and February 1st. The number of make‐up lessons will be adjusted according to the remaining number of months in the term.
- First month's tuition will be pro‐rated for those who start in the middle of a particular month.
- Students wishing to terminate enrollment at any time during the 10 month term will be refunded the remaining monthly payments (excluding the month of cancellation and the administrative deposit). Upon termination, make‐up lessons will be forfeited.
Monthly group lesson package $250/month + HST
Students receive one group lesson per week for a term of one calendar month. Students may miss only one lesson during this term and will be eligible for one make‐up lesson; which must be completed by the end of the following month. Students wishing to re‐enroll for additional months may not be guaranteed the same weekly lesson spot.
Assessment lesson $56.50 ($50 plus HST)
In order to assess new students with some riding experience we offer a 30 minute private assessment lesson. This lesson is used to determine a suitable group for each student. Students are asked to come in 30 minutes before their scheduled lesson to go over registration, barn orientation, grooming and tacking up procedures. Follow up with the office is required after this lesson in order to discuss enrollment and lesson scheduling options.
Private Lessons (30 mins) $70/lesson + HST
Private Lessons (60 mins) $115/lesson + HST
Drop in Group Lessons (60 mins) $65/lesson + HST
Private lessons have a 1:1 student/instructor ratio and are subject to availability. Private lessons are only offered students who are currently enrolled in either the yearly tuition or the monthly group lesson packages and are to be treated as an occasional addition to regular group lessons.
July and August (Summer packages):
As students during the summer months often go away on vacation and/or become involved in other activities, their schedules often change and, therefore, may have to move to different time slots. As a result, group lessons established during the regular September‐June term may be reorganized in the summer in order to accommodate such changes in students' schedules. We strongly encourage all of our students to continue with regular weekly lessons throughout the summer in order to keep their riding moving in a forward direction.
Two month summer package $485.90 ($430 plus HST)
Students will receive one group lesson per week during the months of July and August. Students may miss up to 3 lessons within this time period and will be eligible for up to 3 make‐up lessons; which must be completed prior to September 1st.
Note: Students who complete the 2 month summer package and then immediately enroll in the full 10 month yearly tuition package (September to June) may add any make‐up lessons not taken during the summer term to their yearly package.
Monthly group lesson package $271.20 ($240/month plus HST)
Students receive one group lesson per week for a term of one calendar month. Students may miss only one lesson during this term and will be eligible for one make‐up lesson; which must be completed prior to September 1st.
Pay‐As‐You‐Go (summer only) $67.80 ($60 per lesson plus HST)
Students may schedule a single group lesson depending on availability. Payment will be required prior to entering the lesson ‐ no exceptions.
We offer many programs that run year‐round and seasonally. Information on the following activities and classes will be announced via our web site, email and newsletters or please contact the office at any time:
- Summer , Christmas and March Break camps
- In‐house clinics
- Stable Management theory classes
- Equine Canada Rider Level testing
- Practice rides
- In‐house horse shows
Stonewood Academy believes that all children should enjoy equal opportunity at becoming involved with our sport. As a result we have teamed up with two canadian based organizations who provide funding for qualified applicants. Please click here to learn more about these programs and to see if you qualify.